Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Administrative Assistant in Dam Neck, Virginia
Full Time / Part-Time
No Travel Required
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (NSWC-18-0418-W)
Bowhead is seeking Administrative Assistants to join our dedicated team providing support to Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren (NSWCDD). This effort is at the Dam Neck Activity in Dam Neck VA (not at NSWCDD in Dahlgren VA).
Supports an organization or department by performing administrative services. Assists management with administrative tasks such as tracking and compiling information of interest. Prepares various reports detailing the administrative information handled by the
position. Reads and answers correspondence. May handle confidential information. Reviews and answers correspondence. Maintains office inventory. Supports general business meetings.
• Six (6) years of experience in creating and maintaining documentation and data management systems involving Federal Government programs.
• Experience executing and leading tasks associated with mid-executive level (such as SES/Flag Officer, O-6 military, GS-15 civilian) and general administrative support in all facets of administration. Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access), and Adobe (successfully displays capabilities demonstrated in Microsoft Level II training classes).
• Able to type 40 words per minute.
• Demonstrated ability (through experience) to work independently and communicate effectively both orally and through formal reports.
• Demonstrated ability (through experience) to multi-task, perform, and communicate professionally, including professional phone etiquette.
• Demonstrated proficiency with support functions for meetings, maintaining formal filing systems, scanning, faxing, answering phones and taking messages, managing multiple calendars, and scheduling appointments.
• Experience taking notes and converting into formal meeting minutes.
• Experience editing formal documentation and reformatting written and electronic draft documents in accordance with specified Government formats.
• Experience with receiving and greeting visitors professionally.
• Experience in the handling and storage of classified or sensitive (i.e., Personally Identifiable Information (PII)) materials. Experience providing daily supervision and direction to support teams.
• Proficient in training/mentoring subordinate personnel on policies and other duties.
• Proficient in team building and conflict resolution.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Secret clearance is required for this location. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*081E9483F561E2BE
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41