General Electric Aviation Market Research Analyst in Richmond, Virginia
GE Ventures is creating a new start-up, AiRXOS, Inc. This Start-up will have access to unparalleled resources through GE’s Global Research Center, GE Digital, GE Aviation Systems (GEAS) and GE’s IoT platform, Predix. AIRXOS leverages GE’s operational excellence, brand, and scale to create options for breakout growth. AiRXOS is creating enabling infrastructure and robotics technologies that promote autonomy with persistent, geospatial big data stacks.
AiRXOS offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. AiRXOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Collection, interpretation and reporting of market research. Positions requiring thorough understanding, application and mastery of approaches, theories, methodologies and application in a concrete organizational context.
The Aviation Market Research Analyst will be responsible for:
• Providing a combination of aviation industry, research and analytical expertise to support the development and evolution of the AiRXOS business plan
• Conducting market and sector analysis and providing valuable insights into the aviation industry
• Thoroughly understanding the competitive landscape at different portions of the value chain, mapping out partner/competitor dynamics, and determining areas of strategic focus, that may lead to changes in the value proposition, pivots in business model, and/or potential partnerships or acquisitions
• Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and communicating product and industry trends
• Accountable for the proactive monitoring of key competitor product filings, positioning, and strategy. Develop, create, maintain, and present competition and industry overviews
• Engaging in product research, including detailed feature analysis
• Delivering presentations to internal constituents and partners
• Support in sales proposal RFP process including organizing, writing and completing documentation throughout the sales cycle
• Project management: Manage project activities, working collaboratively across product and business leaders to ensure deliverables and deadlines
•Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
•Minimum of 4 years’ experience in market research, market sector analysis, OR sales support analysis
• Deep experience performing market and sector analysis in the aviation industry
• Experience performing competitive landscaping efforts and identifying points of key and sustainable differentiation.
• Experience in both large and small companies; must combine the entrepreneurial focus demanded in small company environments with the ability to navigate and get things done in a large, matrixed organization
• Track record of improving his/her company’s competitive positioning through technological innovation
• Dedicated to understanding the latest business and technology trends, applications, cost tradeoffs, and potential industry disruptions
• Ability to think strategically and to demonstrate through examples how innovations have created new or enhanced products or services
• Broad knowledge of the potential value in emerging technologies, and a keen understanding of how these technologies can affect current or potential businesses and products
• Ability to earn the trust and confidence of multiple constituencies
• Comfortable making presentations to senior executives, customers, and internal teams
• Straightforward, open-minded, non-hierarchical
• Self-directed, creative, driven, organized, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with appropriate sense of urgency
• Able to quickly assimilate knowledge about new industry sectors and technologies
• Capable of analyzing, interpreting, drawing conclusions and implementing solutions on a variety of complex issues
• Adept at building consensus and driving ideas forward with conviction
• Strong drive and high energy; action and results oriented
• Quick-minded; deep intellectual horsepower; professional and engaging demeanor; strong verbal and written skills
• Direct, open and honest personality with the highest personal and professional integrity
Locations: United States; District of Columbia, Massachusetts; Boston, Washington
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.